Marin County residents face a multitude of hazards including: earthquakes, wildfires, flooding, and landslides. Specifically, the Lucas Valley Road area (Mont Marin-San Rafael Park on the South, Lucas Valley + Marinwood North) is surrounded by open space with a history of fires. Storms have brought flooding along Miller Creek and landslides along slopes. And – quakes will happen. Now is a good time for our adjoining neighborhoods to Get Ready for ourselves, our families, our neighborhoods, and our community.
THE BENEFITS OF TAKING THE FREE CLASS:
- Prepared citizens means reduced injuries and illnesses due to a disaster
- A reduction to the over-burdened emergency first responders
- A reduction to the over-burdened hospitals and urgent care centers
- A stronger community: people helping each other
- Necessary information to protect you and your family during a disaster
FREE PREPAREDNESS TRAINING & NEIGHBORHOOD DISCUSSION
When: Wednesday November 1, 2017 – One and Half Hour Class:
1. Basic Personal / Family GET READY Preparedness
(7:30 pm – 8:45 pm -- Immediately followed by):
2. FAQs CERT + Neighborhood Teams (8:45 – 9:00 pm)
For more information please contact:
Sponsored by Marinwood CERT and Neighbor homeowner associations. All are welcome, but please register: Diane Ayers firstname.lastname@example.org. A Disaster Preparedness Backpack will be given to all who preregister!