Health & Fitness Classes
Zumba: Tuesdays, 5:45-6:45pm
Founded in 2001, Zumba Fitness is a global lifestyle brand that fuses fitness, entertainment and culture into an exhilarating dance-fitness sensation! Zumba® exercise classes are " fitness-parties " that blend upbeat world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography, for a total-body workout that feels like a celebration. INSTRUCTOR: Chrissy Costello. Click Here to visit Chrissy's webiste.
- Punch Passes sold at class - $100/10 classes
- Drop-ins: $12
Jazzercise: Mondays & Wednesdays, 6:00-7:00pm
Your instructor looks forward to offering you a safe, fun, effective, full body workout. Regular Jazzercise in a 60 minute workout that offers a warm up followed by a 30-35 minute aerobic section. The end of your workout consists of strength training and stretching for your upper torso, lower body, and abdominals. Classes are ongoing and you can register anytime before a class or online at Jazzercise.com.
- Walk-in price: $15; monthly fees and joining fees vary (see website below for pricing options)
- Register at Jazzercise.com
Krav Maga - Self Defense Class: (14yrs & up) Mondays, 7:15-8:15pm; Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30pm
Krav Maga is an effective, modern, and dynamic self-defense and fighting system. It is designed to be practical and intuitive for people of any age, shape, or size. Krav Maga means "contact combat", and is focused on being the most effective and efficient means for dealing with all types of attacks. In the beginning, you will learn basic stances, striking, techniques for falling and getting up safely, and basic defenses against common attacks including chokes and headlocks. In addition to learning how to deal with an attack, you will train to perform better under stress and learn awareness and prevention techniques that will help keep you from getting into problematic situations. After mastering the basics, advanced students will train to deal with multiple simultaneous attackers, weapons, complicated situations, and learn advanced combative and weapon techniques (standing up or on the ground). Classes taugth by Krav Maga Xtreme. Classes are ongoing. Drop-ins $18.
- Punch passes sold at class, $75 for 5 classes
- More information about Krav Maga
Meditation: (15yrs & up) Thursdays, 8:15-9:15pm
Regular meditation practice is a great tool to bring clarity of mind, better concentration and increased energy. Through the three short sessions we will address the challenges of our time. The purpose is not to give one solution, like a magic pill, but to analyze situations and reach a deeper personal understanding. Please bring a firm pillow to sit on and a blanket or shawl. Chairs will be available, if preferred. No drop-in for this class.
- Jan. 9-30 Session - Register Here
- Feb. 13-March 6 Session - Register Here
- March 13-April 10 Sessioun - Register Here
Tennis Classes (see link below):
Pilates with Props: (13yrs & up) Mondays &/or Thursdays, 7:00-8:00pm
This progressive workout will strengthen your whole body, lengthening and reshaping it without you noticing, as it is gradual. Props, such as Pilates Rings and Stretchy Bands, help in three ways: by gaining body awareness, by strengthening subtle core muscles and by supporting you in difficult exercises. Pilates was designed for everyone. No prior experience is required. Please bring an exercise mat and a blanket. Drop-ins $15 if space available.
Yoga for Everyone: (13yrs & up) Mondays &/or Thursdays, 5:45-6:45pm
Experience traditional Yoga in its fullness; moving slowly with full awareness into each asana (posture), watching the rhythm of your breath, holding each asana with concentration, your mind focused here on the present moment. In the same class easier and advance variations of the same exercise will be suggested. Each class will end with a deep final relaxation. Mixed levels - beginners welcome. Please bring a Yoga mat and a blanket. INSTRUCTOR: Pranava Levine has been teaching Yoga since 1985. She is detailed and attentive and will modify an exercise if needed to fit your strength, flexibility as well as any health condition. Students appreciate her compassionate and competent personal attention. Drop-ins: $15.
Yoga for 50+: (50yrs & up) Mondays & Wednesdays, 1:30-2:30pm
A very gentle way to do Yoga. In each class we work every part of the body, releasing tensions and building strength and awareness. We always end with a final relaxation, creating a deep sense of wellbeing. This class is also open to anyone desiring a gentle yoga class while recovering from illness or surgery, or just to break a sedentary lifestyle. No prior Yoga experience is necessary. Please bring a Yoga mat and a blanket. Chairs are available. Drop-in $15 if space available.
Yoga/Pilates Holiday Workshops:
Stay in shape throughout the holidays with four workshops! You may attend just one: Fees $27 or all of them: $81 (NEW YEAR's DEAL: 4 workshops for the price of 3). (To qualify for this offer, you'll need to sign-up in the office or on the phone, for all 4 workshops at the same time.)
1) Back care with YOGA & PILATES: Increase your postural awareness with simple exercises to be integrated in your daily life as a short home practice. The class includes theory and practice, you may bring pen and paper to take notes. Everyone is welcome. Please bring a yoga mat and two blankets or thick beach towels for support.
2) Pilates Multi-props Workshop: We'll use a variety of props such as magic rings, sliding disks, weighted small balls and stretched bands. This assortment adds dimension to your pilates practice, allowing deeper body awareness, as well as challenges and of course lots of fun. Please bring a yoga mat and a blanket or thick beach towel. Props will be provided, however if you own any from the list above, please bring them with you to class.
3) YOGA Intensive: We'll take the time to go deeper in every asana (yoga pose), guiding you in reaching a calm mind through this practice. No need to be an advanced student nor have flexibility for participating in this workshop. Supported restorative yoga poses will also be included. Please bring a yoga mat and two thick blankets or beach towels.
4) Pilates with Stability Ball: Originally the Stability Ball was used by physiotherapists for rehabilitation. Combined with Pilates' principles, exercises with this Ball develop deep stabilizing core muscles and offer a great workout. You'll have so much fun, that you won't notice how hard you're working! No previous experience is required. Please bring an exercise mat, a blanket and your own Stability Ball (55"or 65" depending on your height). Everyone welcome. Beginners and advanced students may benefit from this Workshop.